Meeting August 14th 2019
Meeting July 3th 2019
Attending: Timo, Craig, Felipe, Sebastian, Jonathan, Rafaele, Raphael
A meetup can be hosted in Baltan Laboratories (NATLAB) Eindhoven in the near future. Possibly the next meetup
We'll be hosting a Livecoding Performance and Algorave at Zaal 100 on 11/12 October probably. Trying to at least pay artists for traveling. Tickets can not be > €15.
Hosting a livecoding performance at iii might be optional?
iii performance space: https://instrumentinventors.org/workspace/facilities/
Algorave at the Skatepark can be hosted around october as well.
Add one portfolio link to this site (that link can be embedded on the site):
## We are looking at options for funding livecoding events:
_The Amsterdam Funds voor de Kunst_ has an option for supporting a series in Amsterdam at a specific location: https://www.amsterdamsfondsvoordekunst.nl/
_Fonds voor de Podiumkunst_ has the "SKIP" subsidy to support intermittent programming (a series of minimum 6 shows) - Category 1 has minimal barriers to entry with a max of €5775, must be at a single location: https://fondspodiumkunsten.nl/nl/subsidies/programmeringsregeling_voor_podia_en_festivals/kleinschalige_en_incidentele_programmering_skip/
__DEADLINE SEPT 18__
Possible venues we can collaborate with:
* iii space in The Hague (through Marije & Jonathan)
* V2 in Rotterdam
* Zaal100 in Amsterdam
## What can we do to plant seeds for a national community while still sustaining our local groups?
>> Craig notes that if every "national" meeting is in a different location then there is no motivation for local groups to self-organize
>> let's alternate between local & national meetings, maybe at the beginning we need to travel with national meetings more often to plant the seeds of local groups, but eventually try to aim for 2-4 national meetings per year
## Showing work
* self-made 12-string cello, with sensors on bow
* thinking of using STENO in SuperCollider as a system connected to her gestures
* STENO: https://github.com/musikinformatik/Steno
She is running out of money to pay for progress of her work -> she has a crowdfunding campaign
* ORCA https://wiki.xxiivv.com/#orca
* Caffiene for livecoding on the web: https://caffeine.js.org/
Meeting March 11th 2019
- Silk-screen printing at Real-X Skatepark will cost about € 25 to make te silk screen. +- € 10 for the paint. We can also mix multiple colors to create a cool gradient effect in the print. Everyone would need to supply there own t-shirt as well of course. ( alternative oiption: https://www.spreadshirt.com/ )
- Facebook group can not be changed to @nlcl, so it will stay: @nlcodinglive
- I'm still keen to discuss post-ICLC2019 realizations, feelings, ideas, etc...
- Hosting ICLC2021 ???
- https://worm.org/?s=algo-rhythms > 3 new editions 2019
- — 28th April (20h-22h30)- if your are interested let Joana know : )
- - later there will be more events: September and November.
- http://fanfarefanfare.nl/ is interested in hosting us first week of June
- https://www.nightofthenerds.com > 21th May, Eindhoven: maybe interested in hosting some livecoding as a presentation to highschool kids (there is already a sonicpi workshop hosted).
for sister events please add here: https://netherlands-coding-live.github.io/elsewhere.html
February 4th 2019
> Reflections on https://iclc.livecodenetwork.org/2019/
> Alex and Renick for an event on the night of the 17th? (Alex could do the 16th, see his email)
> NL_CL Platforms: how to improve our online presence and * knowledge sharing * (add links; resources to website; how active should we be in social media? see nice reference:https://openrndr.org/ / toplap / ...)
> Sketches for stickers & t-shirts;
> Coming Events / Year planning;
- > What can we do to work towards a gender balance in the creative (live)coding community? Workshops, performances, presentations? Try to host workshops in for example HighSchools (and maybe even primary school?)
- * *
> Open Calls;
# possible locations to do something:
- ISO (location in Amsterdam West) - have a party at March 16 or 17? Are open for an algorave'y proposal - via Giovanni
- Bajesdorp - Muiterij - Amsterdam Oost (near Spaklerweg) - self-organised space (go round with the hat for funding) - via Marije
- Algorave in Apeldoorn - skatepark Real-X. Or maybe venue Gigant (or both)